Sunday, January 06, 2008

Sacred Life Sunday: My altar/mantel



as i spend most of my day in my big, blue chair, the gas fire and the mantel is almost always in my view... so i've made it as beautiful as possible :o)
i couldn't get the whole mantel in the close up shot, but you can see some of my favourite art pieces. on the far left is the card i received yesterday from dear
zorana. the next painting is by her too - as is the tiny bird sculpture in front of it :o)
in between zorana's two paintings is this beautiful
mini sculpture by cyrus the potter - she's just too exquisite and contemplative!
you've met serena
before - she just has to take centre-stage, and to her right is serene by gintare bruzas, such a talented painter!
out of shot and completing the display is this little
angel by tascha - she always looks out for me with her gorgeous green eyes...
then you can see my altar at its best - all lit up! i'm always the first to wake up in a morning, and at this time of year it's dark and cold. so before i settle down to start my day, i light the fire and the candles... and i pray and meditate with my 'friends' looking knowingly across at me - and smiling...

6 Comments:

At 2:04 pm , Blogger paintandink said...

So beautiful!

 
At 3:52 pm , Blogger Olivia said...

I, too think that your altar is beautiful, Claire! A peaceful Sacred Sunday to you, O

 
At 10:27 pm , Blogger storyteller said...

We each need a sacred space in our homes. Yours is lovely ... thanks for sharing.
Hugs and blessings,

 
At 12:28 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning! Thank you for sharing it with us! Your alter looks wonderful. I think it's important for all of us to place to meditate. *HUGS*

 
At 8:28 pm , Blogger KaiBlue said...

It's gorgeous Claire!!
I love the calming colours and glowing nature of serenity it creates, you are lucky to be able to meditate with it in view..
Peace, Kai xxx

 
At 11:38 pm , Blogger Beverly Keaton Smith said...

Hi Clarie, Your softly lit candles look so nurturing and peaceful. Great reminder of how easily we can surround ourselves with luxury. Happy New Year! Beverly

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home