Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Wellness Wednesday: Everything's aching


Sorry, it's not an uplifting picture - i fell over last night, and everything's aching, especially my right ankle, knee and hip, not to mention my left temple...
it's my first fall, and it scared me... i usually really focus when i'm walking - especially outside - because i know i could fall...
i was getting ready for bed, pulling out a drawer to get clean pj's, and i must have lost my balance...
thankfully my dear hubbie was here to help me up and get into bed; and i managed to sleep pretty well...

i decided to post about it, because something like this does focus your mind... especially on all we take for granted... our brains are constantly working and processing our every move - the feel of the surface you're walking on, the weather if you're walking outside - i've found a gust of wind can really throw me off-balance - not to mention all the data our eyes and ears are picking up...

since the stroke, my poor brain has had to relearn sooo much, and i'm so grateful - and impressed - at what it's achieved!!! today, i will sit quietly and let my body heal itself...

if you have a moment, just ponder everything your body does for you, movement by movement, minute by minute every single day... and give thanks for every bone, muscle, joint, organ that just does its job without you being aware of it...



11 Comments:

At 1:32 pm , Blogger Kelly said...

Claire, that must have been really scary, especially what the mind will want to do with that..."what if I'd been alone?" etc. I'm so glad you are resting and letting your achy parts recuperate.

 
At 5:21 pm , Blogger Julie said...

Claire I hope you're feeling a bit better today and giving yourself time to get over the shock of your fall. I haven't forgotten that I said I'd ring for a chat sometime. Every time I think of it tho I realise you are probably busy with the children. I will leave myself a note to ring during the day. Take care x

 
At 5:58 pm , Blogger Olivia said...

I'm sorry about your fall, Claire. I'm glad you posted about it. I will send prayers and good energy your way for healing. And yes, yes, yes, I will focus on being grateful today for my body and its miraculous working! Love, O

 
At 6:37 pm , Blogger Kate Robertson said...

Claire,
I am glad you posted about this. I am sending some healing energy your way. We so often take so much for granted thanks for reminding us. Since its Thanksgiving for us over in the States just want to Thank You for being a friend.
Love,
Kate

 
At 12:53 am , Blogger Zorana said...

Oh dear Claire... I'm so sorry. While I would have written a whiny post, you chose to look at it from another perspective. You always find something good in everything that happens and give us those thoughts as gifts. That's a rare quality! Sending good energy your way. xo

 
At 2:11 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugggggggg!!!!! I hope that you are feeling better!!!! :( Sorry about falling. You are always in my prayers and thoughts. *HUGS*

 
At 9:12 pm , Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I am so sorry about your fall. You have such inner strength and resolve and YES you have come SO far. You were able to blog about it, and you were able to teach those of us reading...a great lesson.
You are divine!!
Love and hugs,
Lisa
XOXOXO

 
At 8:58 pm , Blogger Jane said...

Big hugs Claire and kisses to make you better. xxxxx

 
At 11:23 pm , Blogger KaiBlue said...

((hugs)) Claire. Im sorry you bonked your noggin. You really are right about how much we take for granted. We complain about aches and pains, but you've inspired me so much with your courage and beauty and inner spirit. I don't know if I could have been like you.. Brave!!!
I hope you heal and because of you, I dont take anything for granted..

One day, one heart.. Heal :)
PEace, Kai xx

 
At 1:46 pm , Blogger storyteller said...

Wow -- A timely reminder for all of us to be mindful as we move through the world. I hope you're feeling better and am glad your hubbie was there to assist.
Hugs and blessings,

 
At 7:11 pm , Blogger Flassie's Fil'a said...

{{{HUGS CLAIRE}}} So glad you weren't alone. Praying For YOU!!!

Have a Blessed Month!!!
God Bless You Claire!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home