Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sacred Life Sunday: Archetypal Reiki


i bought these cards last Christmas after my Reiki I attunement and i used them for a while... then on friday, thanks to Annie's inspiration, i pulled them off the shelf again.
they are lovely little cards that fit in your palm - i've never liked big cards, and with only one working hand, these are the perfect fit!! the author, Dorothy May is a Jungian psychologist and reiki master - a perfect combination in my mind!!
i sat with my journal and spread out the cards... i just asked the cards to tell me where i should begin... and i chose one 'random' card... it was THE CAVE....


go within yourself, into your deep unconscious. willingly enter the dark places within yourself and be utterly honest. bring these parts of yourself into the light where you can see them clearly.
in ancient cultures the cave was a sacred place of initiation... there is ancient wisdom stored in the cave of the unconscious... the cave in archetypal reiki work symbolizes a place of entry, a place deep in the womb of the earth... when you draw this card it is a signal for you to go within yourself, into your deep unconscious...

ever since i bought myself a set of story beads from deborah, i have known that this winter i have to hibernate, to draw into myself and listen to bear wisdom, and let my body heal... as the nights lengthen and the darkness closes in, i will embrace my own shadows and not be afraid...

10 Comments:

At 10:28 am , Blogger Annie Z said...

What a wonderful card to have drawn as you enter winter. I am so glad I was able to help in some small way.

May you heal well, physically and spiritually.
I look forward to hearing about your understandings.

Much love,
Annie
xxx

 
At 5:32 pm , Blogger Kelly said...

How wonderful that you are not resisting the next stage, but accept it as a necessary part of the cycle. I see that I am still resisting and that things cannot move forward until I yield.

 
At 9:28 pm , Blogger DAWN said...

I just recently completed my Reiki 1 attunement. I am always glad to hear of others who practice as well. You are in a wonderful place, a place to discover for yourself the direction you will be taking. Thank you for sharing your insight.

 
At 12:43 pm , Blogger gma said...

Hi Anna...found your site again...
hope you are getting better...sending love
xx

 
At 1:42 pm , Blogger storyteller said...

Hi Anna
I think this may be my first visit (though my memory is not as good as it once was these days), but I wanted to say "Hi" and thank you for the fascinating info about "bear wisdom" ... powerful ideas to ponder.
Hugs and blessings,

 
At 3:38 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How inspiring! I have some cards as well but mine are rather large. I can't seem to find ones that are regular size. I'm glad that you did! I hope that they guide you and help you to heal spiritually as well as physically.
Thanks for sharing this with us! *HUGS*

 
At 7:49 pm , Blogger Lisa said...

Amen Sister.

 
At 6:00 pm , Blogger KaiBlue said...

I think I'll join you in the hybernation Claire. :) My Amakuna or spirit guide is a bear.
Loner, Strong, but resiliant. Being a bear doesn't mean you're lonely, it means that only you truly know what cures you and that takes inner strength and thinking..

I wish you a peaceful journey.
PEace, Kai

 
At 7:44 pm , Blogger Monique Kleinhans said...

What great cards! you inspire me to get my own set of Native American cards off the shelf and dust them off. So good to have reminders in our life!

 
At 7:29 pm , Blogger violette said...

I really love this quotation about going deep within!

Great cards........i think hibernating is a good thing....i feel like i'm hibernating too!

Take good care of yourself!

love, violette

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home