Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Wellness Wednesday: Deep energy



(the relevance of the video will become apparent - i promise!)

on new year's eve, one of the things i asked to come into my life was 'energy'. by that, i envisioned physical energy to aid my recovery, creative energy to put pen and paint to paper, and personal energy to connect with like-minded souls around the globe... and i've got to tell you, i have felt soooo energized from the first day of 2008! i know i shouldn't be amazed - but i am!!

i've accomplished so many little tasks each day without taking a nap, and i've had the energy to interact with nick and the kids in the evening. this while having no physio since 21 december - my next appointment is friday - and my hormones are raging with ongoing PMS...

i've been journalling each day - my left-handed writing is getter better and faster - and i've got so many ideas of how i want to spent my time each week day, i'm fairly popping inside!!

i've made so many new connections with people since i discovered etsy and bought all my xmas pressies from there, and i've deepened some connections i've known for a while. one of those is with virginia at sacred ruminations, who's got three quizzes to try from blogthings - i was 83% creative and my intrapersonal intelligence was 94%, so my reports are the same as virginia's.

while i was on blogthings, i took the 'how indie are you?' test and here's my results:

You Are 79% Indie

You're a very indie person, and admit it, you look down a little on people who strive to be normal.
You'll indulge in a little mainstream pop culture every now and then. But for you, anything not indie is a guilty pleasure!

i wouldn't have described myself as three-quarters 'indie' - to me i'm too old and 'settled' - and i certainly don't look down on anybody!! but i DO love (and maybe 'look up to'?) those i would call 'indie' like damien rice and all those wonderful artisans at etsy!!

maybe i'm an indie girl trapped in a 40+, somewhat overweight body... maybe on new year's eve i invoked my own deep indie-girl energy to surface... and maybe she will be my guide as i navigate the days of this new year - how fun!!!

4 Comments:

At 7:26 pm , Blogger storyteller said...

How fun that your results resembled mine on the quizzes at Sacred Ruminations. Mine are like yours on the "Indie" blogthing (72%) but I must confess I have no clue what "Indie" refers to. I'm often out of the loop on such things and need to be clued in by friends.

I'm so happy to learn that your desire for energy is blossoming into reality ... and that I met YOU here in this virtual world.
Hugs and blessings,

 
At 12:28 am , Blogger KaiBlue said...

i'll have a go at the quiz after I leave the comment or I'll forget to do that..lol.
Im glad your writing is getting groovie..and journaling is fun..
Love to you, nick and the girls..
PEace, Kai xx

 
At 3:46 am , Blogger Elena Rego said...

I'm so bummed that I can't see the video. It says its not available anymore?

PS... I can't leave a comment under my typepad name, which is lunarmusings. Blogger is only allowing other blogger commenters on your site.

 
At 12:12 pm , Blogger paintandink said...

I'm having a bad morning, with my sense of perspective all tumbly-turvy, and you have just given it a gentle push, Claire, and set it rightside up again.

(I can't be upset if things don't go the way I want if I've never actually thought about how I want them to go.)

Thank you!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home