Tuesday, November 04, 2008

US Election Day: Candle of Hope


for all my american friends and relations on this most historic day!
hoping you all get out and vote - we're counting on you!!

Candle of Hope

Four candles slowly burned
The ambience was so soft one could almost hear them talking.
The first candle said,
"I am Peace"
"The world is so full of anger and fighting that nobody can keep me alight."
Then the candle of peace went out completely.
Then the second candle said,
"I am Faith"
"I am no longer indispensable
It does not make any sense that I stay awake one moment longer."
Then a breeze softly blew out Faith's flame.
Sadly the third candle began to speak,
"I am Love"
"People don't understand my importance,
So they put me aside.
They even forget to love nearest to them.
I don't have the strength to stay alight."
And waiting no longer the candle of Love went out.
A child entered the room where the candles were
And saw that three of the candles were unlit.
"Why are you not burning?" said the child,
"You are supposed to stay alight until the very end."
And the child was frightened and began to cry.
Then the fourth candle said,
"Don't be afraid. I am Hope,
And while I am burning we can light the other candles."
With shining eyes the child took the candle of Hope
And lit the other candles.
The flame of Hope should never go out from your life,

And with Hope each of us can have a life
With Peace, Faith and Love.

(poem from Poetic Expressions, even more poignant since obama's beloved grandma died of cancer yesterday)

4 Comments:

At 1:49 pm , Blogger KaiBlue said...

Aloha Claire.
I cant vote here, but I can drive Mr Dan there :)
Peace, Kai xx

 
At 3:13 pm , Blogger Kate Robertson said...

Claire,

I appreciate the candles and good wishes. Keep the vision of Obama winning today in your mind.

Kate

 
At 1:34 am , Blogger Lisa said...

Thank you Claire!

 
At 4:11 pm , Blogger storyteller said...

What a lovely post … thank you for your support, prayers and love.
Hugs and blessings,

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home