Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thursday Thoughts...


moleskines are indeed the most wonderful notebooks - the perfect design, the perfect size, the perfect paper...

i've been scribbling in them for years, and i don't know why, but today i pulled one out to read...
and here's what i found:

wed 9 may 2007

i'm struggling this morning as i've a horrible feeling i've had a sort of TIA. the right side of my body feels very heavy, and i'm having to really concentrate to hold my pen... in the early hours of this morning i 'felt', 'dreamed' i'd had a stroke and my right side was a dead-weight... it's probably just as well i didn't go for a walk this morning...

this was my last entry on the morning the stroke hit, the last time i wrote with my right hand, just before i dropped the pen and realized things were not quite right, just before i woke sam to discover i could not speak...

i'd forgotten i'd even written this! what a bizarre reminder that anything can happen, at any time... talk about food for thought...

5 Comments:

At 4:55 pm , Blogger Olivia said...

Wow, Claire, that's amazing that you "knew" at some level and "dreamed" it as well. Life is so fragile...Blessing and peace today, and continued recovery, O

 
At 9:26 pm , Blogger Kate Robertson said...

Claire,

That is so amazing. That you dreamed it first. It is so great that you didn't go out. My dreams are never quite like that.

Sending peace and healing your way today. I too love moleskines.

Kate

 
At 6:12 am , Blogger Annie Z said...

I've never heard of moleksines. What are they?
Incredible about your dream. Things like that always amaze me. Wishing you continued healing.
xx

 
At 10:45 pm , Blogger maryeb said...

I agree. This is an amazing story.
You wrote such an eloquent entry. I'm glad you shared it with us.

 
At 3:26 pm , Blogger Zorana said...

You are so connected to yourself... it is amazing! How scary it must have been. I admire you. Wishing you continues recovery. xo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home