Sunday, September 07, 2008

Sacred Life Sunday: Playing with colour



well, it kind of looks like a pear...

yesterday my art class started up again after the summer break.
we were greeted by a long line of fruit and veg in the middle of the table.
'oh no, still life - how boring!' i thought to myself...
then we were given two colours - a blue and a green - and shown how to mix them... the tiniest speck of ultramarine in pale yellow... and then the magick happens - i'm an alchemist!!!

the second pic is a composite of two watercolour experiments i did last term - i wet the paper, and then applied the paint and just let it all run where it willed. i cut them out myself - not easy with one hand!! thank goodness for masking tape!

i think it kind of looks like mount kilimanjaro, in a red desert, in a storm... if you squint... maybe...

3 Comments:

At 4:40 pm , Blogger mrsnesbitt said...

The second picture reminded me of a poppy field, viewed from the back of the motorbike as we zoomed by. Yes it is blurred because we are travelling quite fast and i dont wear my glasses when on the bike.

Happy Sunday honeybunch.
Dxx

 
At 1:27 pm , Blogger KaiBlue said...

Aloha Claire,
I love the pear, it really does look juicy girl!!
The second picture took a little more depth to get into, it really is serene.. It reminded me of the red rocks in Sedona.
I like them both Claire, thank you for sharing!!
Peace, Kai

 
At 8:58 pm , Blogger Olivia said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful art, Claire! I hope you really enjoy your artist class. Fall is the time for new beginnings...love, O

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home