Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sacred Life Sunday: Beauty all around



last sunday my poppet and i went for a walk... and i felt brave enough to try my scooter off-road (we both had mobiles and my hubbie was at home if i beached it going over the fields!). our village is at the top of an escarpment, so we can see for miles facing north (first pic) and west (second pic)...
this was one of my favourite walks before the stroke, so it was so special to experience something of it again - and to share it with my precious daughter!

thank you for those who have commented and emailed asking how i'm doing - really doing...
i realize i haven't been posting as often. one reason is it's really tiring typing one-handed, and i get frustrated. another is, i find it boring to just give folks health updates - mainly because recovery is soooo slow, and so little can be seen day-to-day. i am making tiny improvements... i receive physio twice a week - one session focusing on my leg and walking better, the other focusing on my arm and hand. both are getting stronger, and i can now push through my wrist and hand - as in i can lean on the table transferring my weight from left to right. my physio now thinks i'm ready to tackle stairs. as we live in a bungalow, we'll be practising on fake stairs at the hospital physio department...

one thing i am really excited about is i'm taking a celtic reiki course. last year i took usui reiki I and was due to take reiki II the week after the stroke happened. a friend told me about celtic reiki which i realize is much more in tune with my deep, inner spirit. i'm doing the first attunement remotely, as the teacher lives the other end of the country. i'll let you know how it goes...

8 Comments:

At 1:15 pm , Blogger Lisa said...

That's so exciting. I haven't heard of Celtic reiki and will have to look into it. Patrick was a reiki practitioner and he still does it for me but he no longer teaches or practices professionally. Reiki absolutely amazes me. What a beautiful place you have to enjoy there and your daughter is such a joy and so beautiful. (even with her eyes closed hehe) Love you Claire.

 
At 5:25 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the news that you are getting out. That looks like a great place. Love Hugs and Blessings

 
At 8:18 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Found you thru "Sacred Sunday". Really enjoyed your post - and what a beautiful countryside to explore your off-road talents! Enjoy!! Good luck (tho I'm sure you do not need it) on the upcoming new Reiki class!

 
At 3:57 pm , Blogger thailandchani said...

I hope you will let us know! Celtic Reiki sounds fascinating! :)

 
At 8:53 pm , Blogger Olivia said...

Dear Claire,

It might be boring for you, but it is inspirational to me that you are focusing on what you can do and the beauty all around you instead of what you can't do. I yearn to do this and focus less on my limitations and self-pity. Thank you for this excellent reminder and best wishes on your continued healing, Much love, O

 
At 11:16 pm , Blogger storyteller said...

How good to know you're getting out a bit and trying some new things. I'll be interested to hear about the Celtic reiki ... but I can be patient. Typing with one hand does sound frustrating! Take care ...
Hugs and blessings,

 
At 9:00 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful news and beautiful photo's! Thanks for sharing with us!

 
At 7:21 pm , Blogger KaiBlue said...

Oh that's different Claire, what is involved in Celtic Reiki? it sounds facinating..
Im glad that you and your poppet got out and about and that you are becoming braver :) but then you always were a hero to me..
PEace and love, Kai

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home