Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Wellness Wednesday: Week 1


Yesterday I did this test to assess how my chakras are doing...
These are my results:Root: open (50%)
Sacral: open (50%)
Navel: under-active (13%)
Heart: open (31%)
Throat: open (56%)
Third Eye: open (31%)
Crown: over-active (88%)
First of all, I was pleasantly surprised to see how many were open :o) It's good to know my meditation and breathing exercises are 'working' - I can feel the difference in myself, but it's always good to get a third-party assessment.
My under-active navel chakra means: When the navel chakra is under-active, you tend to be passive and indecisive. You're probably timid and don't get what you want. Friends who have known me for years will laugh at me being 'timid'!! But I have to say, since the stroke, my confidence has been knocked, and it's very hard being so dependent...
The over-active crown chakra was very interesting: If this chakra is over-active, you are probably intellectualizing too much. You may be addicted to spirituality and are probably ignoring your bodily needs. I do indeed live in my head, but how can you be addicted to spirituality??? But I take onboard the need to focus on my body - that's why I started practising yoga two years ago, and why I'm having 1-2-1 sessions as part of my stroke rehab, and why I'm being aware of exactly what I'm eating and drinking...
So this week, I will be especially mindful of my navel chakra, and really breathing deep into my belly... I will try and express what I want, rather than deciding it's too hard and shrugging, 'I don't mind'... And I'll try and be a little less in my head, and more bodily present...

6 Comments:

At 10:06 pm , Blogger Jane said...

Hi Claire,
Interesting post - thanks for sharing the results and the link with us.

I can understand the 'addiction' to spirituality - it is linked to your underactive navel chakra where you say your confidence has been knocked. I suspect you are looking for reasons and answers to your recent health problems and that is why you are over 'intellectualising'. I'm pretty sure this type of response is a normal reaction to any sort of trauma especially when it has been life threatening.

It's good you know about the imbalalnce and can work now on bringing whole self back into balance.

With much love Jane :-)

 
At 10:10 pm , Blogger Kelly said...

Thanks for the link. That was fun. I also came out with crown chakra overactive, (all the others open).

 
At 12:38 am , Blogger KaiBlue said...

well thats an eye-popping post.. Addictive to the spirit? Yep, yep you are indeed a gentle and kind soul.. It's a lovely trait.. Really :) xx

PEace, Kai xx

 
At 10:26 pm , Blogger Julie said...

Oops! I seem to be in trouble! Only the heart and throat are open! Thank you for this post Claire, maybe I should look into this further.

Grantham blogger xx

 
At 4:57 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh how enlightening! Spirituality is very addictive! Yet, it's a good thing to be addicted to. Thank you sooo much for sharing this with us! :)*HUGS*

 
At 2:15 pm , Blogger storyteller said...

What a cool post. Thanks for sharing these links. I'm eager to check out my own chakra's when time permits (and have bookmarked the pages to find them easily later), but right now I'm enjoying catching up on your posts :)
Hugs and blessings,

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home