Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sacred Life Sunday: Breathing art


A couple of weeks ago, while Tina and I were driving up to Leeds for a night at the theatre, we talked about our hopes and dreams... at one point I remember saying, 'I wish I were a millionaire, then I could support dozens of struggling artists, I could be their patron...'

Well, as we all know, thoughts become things - and no, sadly, I haven't won the lottery - last week I stumbled across this website while looking at this artist's beautiful work on Etsy, and lo and behold, I've become a Patron - and it's FREE!!!!!! I receive daily emails about featured artists and their creations, I can send e-cards of my favourite pieces - and I'm fulfilling my dream...

I really believe those of us who are passionate about art can support others creating art, no matter what we earn. The internet has opened up so many wonderful opportunities to share our thoughts and dreams, and expose each other to websites we may not have come across on our own.

So you will notice several new buttons along the sidebar... check out my favourites on Etsy - I add to them daily, both things and artists :o) There is so much talent and beauty in this world, let's share some...

PS Thank you so much for all the supportive comments last week - I sooo appreciate it!! Esther returned safely on Wednesday and had a great time - she wanted to stay longer! She tried rock climbing, caving, abseiling, quadbiking... and has returned sooo grown up and even more confident - what more could a mama want????

6 Comments:

At 3:26 pm , Blogger Healing Expressions said...

HI Claire...I wanted to thank you so much for taking a moment to bless me with your comment on my blog! I love your encouraging words here to artists!! A dose of support is a wonderful thing to any who call themselves "artist"!
Take Care
Lani

 
At 5:18 pm , Blogger mrsnesbitt said...

Wonderful Claire.
Will check it out, does sound a good thing!

Dxx

 
At 6:01 pm , Blogger Jane said...

Hi Claire - so pleased Ester enjoyed her days away and is now back home with you all.

 
At 11:00 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this outstanding news with us Claire!It sounds great.
*HUGS*

 
At 11:18 pm , Blogger Kelly said...

Etsy is the BEST, isn't it?

 
At 4:49 pm , Blogger KaiBlue said...

Aloha Claire,
Im so glad that your darling is all grownup and making you proud. You are such a wonderful, caring mummie!!
Now, you'll have to let her *Guest blog* her adventures here for us to share!
PEace and light, Kai xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home