Sunday, November 04, 2007

Sacred Life Sunday: Being a brave mama




i had a private cry in the shower this morning, so i could put on a brave face as we waved goodbye to my poppet as she ventures forth on a school trip. she will not be home until wednesday...
her bags have been packed for two days, and the excitement has built each week for six months!!!
the first pic shows esther (right) and her best friend deana (left) - look at those smiles!!
the next pic as she boards the bus, her pink packpack full of treats to share with her friends on the 3 hour bus trip.
the third, some of the brave parents in the school courtyard - the school was started in 1872...
i know i will cope till wednesday - i survived sam doing the trip two years ago. but esther is my poppet, my ally in a house full of men - my husband, my son, my father, my brother - and she understands me - i don't have to spell everything out!!!!!!!!
i haven't let go of my prayer beads since she left... i pray she will be safe and happy and thrive on the adventure of it all, and that i'll survive a house full of testosterone!!

10 Comments:

At 3:28 pm , Blogger Kelly said...

Oh, my. I didn't know you lived with all those men. I'm proud of you for letting go of your poppet for this trip. That is indeed brave.

 
At 4:37 pm , Blogger Kate Robertson said...

Claire,

Oh, I am with you girl. each little step you take at letting go is a little easier, This is the first of many and she will be just fine. I still miss mine terribly. There are just some things you share with a daughter, I don't mean female issues I just mean you have this relationship with them and its unique and you will share with her things you don't with anyone else. I haven't seen my girl since August. She'll come home from college in 3 weeks for our Thanksgiving. Sure I can see her on a webcam and talk on the phone but its not the same as being able to hug her and talk about things. If I keep going I will need those prayer beads too. I haven't ordered a set yet but I am planning on it. I just can't decide what I want.
Anyways your in my heart and prayers especially with your girl gone.

Love,
Kate

 
At 12:50 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugggg! I bet being a mother is sooo hard. I would be crying in the shower too! I've got to give you alot of credit! You did well! VERY WELL! :) *HUGS*

 
At 9:21 am , Blogger Annie Z said...

Good luck with those men, Claire. And your poppet will be so excited to tell you everything when she returns!
xxx

 
At 5:22 pm , Blogger mrsnesbitt said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww! Claire....((((((HUGS)))))
remember the teachers will be looking after her and she will be having a WHALE of a time.
Keen to know...where is she going? 3 hours away??? Hmmm is it up North????

Dxxx

 
At 11:00 pm , Blogger Unknown said...

They grow so fast and become so independent don't they.

She will soon be home.

 
At 4:45 am , Blogger Beverly Keaton Smith said...

Hey Claire, Isn't love a wonderful thing...even in the bittersweet moments like this? You are not only a brave mama...you are a mama full of love for her child too..

 
At 5:16 am , Blogger patti said...

Letting go - so hard when you love them so much. The trip will be such an adventure for her though - plenty to talk about when she returns.

 
At 2:20 pm , Blogger KaiBlue said...

you are so brave to let go, it's the hardest thing a mum has to do..I dont care if it's for an hour, a day or a week.. It's still the same, it's our baby..
sigh..Claire, big hugs sweetie.. xx

peace, Kai x

 
At 2:08 am , Blogger Flassie's Fil'a said...

{{{Lots of Hugs Claire}}}

How is everything going?

Have a Blessed Week!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home