Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Sacred Life Sunday: Living it up



it's taken me till tuesday to recover from my night out on sunday, but it was soooo worth it!!!
seth lakeman was playing the engine shed at lincoln uni - he was FANTASTIC!!!
sue, one of my occupational therapists, took me - she got it free as my carer. it was an all-standing venue, but i had my wheelchair. i mostly sat during the warm up acts, but when seth took the stage, i stood up - for 1.5 hours!!!!!!!!
he is sooo talented - playing the banjo, acoustic guitar, ukelele and the fiddle - sadly my flash didn't work too well, but you get the idea...
all the members of his band were awesome musicians - esp. the double bass player!! everyone got so into it clapping and stomping - i bashed my stick on the floor :o)
there was a wide age range in the audience - proving you're never too young, or old, to appreciate talent!
i can't wait till he comes back to lincoln in the spring - i'll be at the front of the queue!!

10 Comments:

At 6:52 pm , Blogger Kelly said...

Woohoo! An outing like this is so good for the soul. Your post is crackling with the energy of that night.

 
At 8:43 pm , Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

FABULOUS - well look at you out shaking your groove thang at a concert! I could absolutely feel the energy surge coming off this post! I am so happy!!!
XOXO
Sending you love and hugs,
Lisa

 
At 9:02 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!I'm overjoyed for you.I am sure this was a night to remember! :) Thanks for sharing it with us! *HUGS*

 
At 10:07 pm , Blogger Annie Z said...

Sounds like a fantastic night! Nothing beats a live music concert with "real" musicians!
Annie
xxx

 
At 10:29 pm , Blogger KaiBlue said...

way to go claire!!he's fantastic and you're wonderful..a blessed pair!!
peace, kai xxxxx

 
At 12:29 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sooooo very glad to hear you got to go and had a grand time. Love Hugs and Blessings

 
At 3:12 am , Blogger Beverly Keaton Smith said...

Wow Claire, Sounds like you had a rockn' good time...I've got to check this guy out! Thanks for sharing...Beverly

 
At 10:27 am , Blogger mrsnesbitt said...

shake that booty!
Dxxx

 
At 2:54 pm , Blogger Mary Timme said...

Oh, oh, I feel like I was there! I love live music! If I were terrrrribly wealthy and could stay awake long enough, I'd have tickets to the symphony! I could feel your joy! Stomp that stick!

 
At 8:32 pm , Blogger Yolanda said...

Look like you had loads of fun. I hope you are filling better now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home