Sunday, June 08, 2008

Sacred Life Sunday: Art in the attic




the other week we had our loft insulated, so everything came out of the attic! it was the perfect time to sort through 'stuff' so fewer boxes returned up the ladder...
i found a box full of my school stuff spanning the decade-plus-three from 5 to 18... the pics are from a sketch book when i was 14 - can you tell who was my hero is 1979?? sadly the last pic spookily resembles my right hand today post-stroke - too, too weird...
on a more positive note - this sketch book reminded me how much i've always enjoyed art and how much more confident i was in my artistic ability in my teens. this inspired me to try and get into my little art shop (it's in a centuries-old building down two precarious, worn stone steps) and tackle the wooden stairs to the upper room where they hold classes...
and i did it!!
so next saturday i'll attend my first art class for over a year - and i'm very excited!!!
the shop owner, christine, is a wonderful teacher and the loveliest woman. she already has lots of ideas to get my left hand painting and experimenting :o)
i'll let you know how i get on...

9 Comments:

At 1:38 am , Blogger Kate Robertson said...

Claire,

I am so glad to hear you are taking an art class that is so great to hear.

Kate

 
At 10:28 pm , Blogger Unknown said...

what a lovely inspiring post!~
and a most inspiring blog as well. i love the fact your classes are in a century old building two steps down. very romantic.....

 
At 12:28 am , Blogger KaiBlue said...

Aloha Claire, How wonderful, I cant wait to see the art you create from your classes..
I can just imagine John Travolta..um Saturday night live era?
:)Peace, Kai

 
At 10:53 am , Blogger mrsnesbitt said...

Just popping in to see how you are honeybunch.
Dxxx

 
At 11:27 pm , Blogger Decorate the Diva said...

Hello, I think painting with your left hand will surprise you. It will allow your creative side to grow and find the Picasso in you.

 
At 1:33 pm , Blogger Flassie's Fil'a said...

Hello Claire!

How exciting for you!

Lovely photo of your
family in your April
blog entry.

Really like your art!

God Bless You and Yours
and Your Creative Life!!!

 
At 6:40 am , Blogger Sue Simpson said...

WELL DONE YOU!
I'm so proud of you!

Brightest blessings,
Sue xxx

Nothing is too small to know,
and nothing is too
big to attempt.

William Van Horne

 
At 1:15 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderfully done! The sketch of John Travolta is wonderful. :) Hands and feet are very hard to sketch but you did wonderfully. :) What talent!!! :) How inspiring! Outstanding post!

 
At 3:54 pm , Blogger violette said...

Oh these are lovely drawings Claire.....you are so talented! Thanks for sharing these illustrations with us! Remember when i wrote to you and drew my foot? I vividly recall drawing in the park with Talia while writing/drawing a letter to you!

Your blog is such an inspiration.

Love, Violette

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home