Friday, March 07, 2008

Celebrating the New Moon



the subtle energies of the new moon create the perfect time to begin a project...

so i decided to try adapting the lovely new celtic divination kit i received in the mail today from bobbie with the celtic oracles book i got last week...

the oracle is cast by tossing two coins three times. the combination of heads and tails are given a numeric value - heads/heads = 1; tails/ tails = 2; heads/tails = 3; tails/heads = 4 - and the three tosses give you a total of 64 possible combinations - the 64 oracles of the book.

by using bobbie's light/dark coins as the heads/tails of the two coins, i drew the combination of 4-2-1, which is assigned to oracle 53...

turning to oracle 53 why O why was i surprised to find the new moon oracle?? when O when will i learn to trust my intuition??

if you are drawn to this oracle, you are learning to see with the eye of the heart... it will be as though a veil has been lifted before you. you will see more deeply into the nature of things... your actions will be more in accord with natural patterns around you... in time, these softer wisdoms of the heart will bring you greater wisdom and nobility of character.

WOW!!!!

6 Comments:

At 3:28 pm , Blogger mrsnesbitt said...

Hi laire,
celtic eh?
Hmmmmmmmmmm I have the curse of the celts.....it is why my nose and cheeks are alays so red!

PS Can you e-mail me your address honeybunch!

 
At 4:22 pm , Blogger fiona said...

It took me AGES to learn to trust my intuition, Claire, I know exactly what you mean, lol!

Don't feel any obligation to do this, but if you're interested then I'm tagging you (don't blame me .. nutty knitter started it!):

Rules are:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Something to do on a wet afternoon, anyway :-)

 
At 10:05 am , Blogger Annie Z said...

WOW is right!!

 
At 1:46 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOOO!!! I got this amazing Calendar for Christmas! It's called Celtic Mandala and I just LOVE it! That type of thing is just sooo interesting to me! Wonderful post! Thank you for sharing it with us!

 
At 12:37 am , Blogger KaiBlue said...

Aloha Claire,
It's been a year today since we met.. I wish we could again.. :) Peace and hugs to you..
PEace, Kai xx

 
At 9:48 am , Blogger Francesca said...

morning chick, the moon - ah yes always a potent force. Intuition is a wonderful thing but I agree that it takes a lot of practice to trust it completely. I sometimes think it's like developing a muscle which we don't use much, keep working it lol!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home