Sunday, September 02, 2007

Prayer...


... is personal, and the beads are a device for building meaningful ritual into our lives...
dear deborah included this quote from a string and a prayer along with my custom-made story beads. i knew as soon as i saw carla's writing beads, i needed to get a set...
and the universe knew i needed them pronto - they arrived on friday, a matter of days after deb posted them halfway around the world!! they arrived in time for the 1st of september, the first month of autumn...
if you can see in the photo, the beads are divided into seasons (lilac for spring, blue for summer, red for autumn, brown for winter, and a pearl for the 13th lunar month). each bead is separated with a spacer - too remind me to breathe...
in between each set of three is a charm - a celtic heart to remind me love is the most important thing; a spiral to remind me that love is infinite; a goddess charm to focus my mind on all the body work and healing i need to do; an owl to remind me of owl medicine - change, death, grieving, wisdom and seeing into the dark places of my soul...; a bear to remind me of bear medicine - to be still, to go into my cave and rest and be ready for the spring...
on one end are seven green beads to remind me to take one day at a time, and healing hand charms to embrace the oak leaf of strength and the desire to create - an important part of my healing process...
on the other end is a charm that deb didn't know why it wanted to be included, it just did... i think she is the roman goddess maia after which the month of may is named. she is the spring goddess bringing new life and renewal - and of course she wanted to be placed at the end where the lilac beads of spring begin...
WOW!!! i think you can see why i needed to get them!!!
these beautiful beads will now be with me every day, and every day of my sacred life, i will pray...
and bless you, dear deborah, for imbuing these beauitful beads with so much of your own soul...

11 Comments:

At 2:19 pm , Blogger mrsnesbitt said...

How lovely Claire.
How I miss youover on my blog! Blogger can be so unfair!

Dxxx

 
At 2:29 pm , Blogger Kelly said...

What a wonderful thing for you to give yourself!!!

 
At 5:08 pm , Blogger J C said...

Hi Clair. I haven't been here in awhile, and maybe this is even the first comment I've made. Lotsa times I visit places and read and run. I LOVE those story beads. Thanks for the link. I just may have to get some of those, for I seem to be intrigued by them for some reason. And re your statue in the Serenity post...I think she IS a great piece of art. So calming, so peaceful, so graceful. Just looking at her fine, smooth lines brought me a peaceful feeling.

 
At 6:12 pm , Blogger Kate Robertson said...

anna,

Oh I loved this post and the beads, I think I need a set of them for sure. My first thought is I need the writing beads but the others look great also. What a wonderful idea this is. Thanks for sharing all those links.

 
At 7:13 pm , Blogger Olivia said...

Claire, How beautiful your beads are. And how special they are when custom-made...I love Deborah's beads, too, and have some, but custom work sounds like something I'm going to have to try! Thank you for sharing what these mean to you, Olivia

 
At 12:43 am , Blogger patti said...

These are very beautiful and hold so much meaning. I know why you just had to have them.

 
At 12:22 am , Blogger KaiBlue said...

those are unique and just gorgeous Claire.. :)

Peace and love, Kai xx

 
At 3:30 am , Blogger Zorana said...

I love the symbolism in the prayer beads. They really tell a story... It must be lovely to hold them and focus on all the things you mentioned.

 
At 11:51 am , Blogger Annie Z said...

What wonderful prayer beads. How special! I have a set of mala beads that I love very much. I think these would be sacred as well. Thanks for telling us about them. May they help you in your healing process and allow you to connect with yourself on an even greater level.
Annie
xxx

 
At 11:46 am , Blogger paintandink said...

What an amazing creation.

 
At 12:59 pm , Blogger sharryb said...

You are an inspiration! I've read several of your posts and enjoyed your expressions of passion, courage, and self-love. I've been getting a lot of bear images lately, so your link was great. Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home