Saturday, August 11, 2007

here comes the sun...

... this perfect bloom is from a bouquet my dad brought me last week. can you see the nectar droplets in the centre?
it reminds me every day is a new day full of sweetness...

this is my 100th post - i'm in awe of all the amazing people i've 'met' in the past year. my life is soooo much richer since last september when i started this blog!!!!!!!!!!

i've been rereading all the beautiful comments you have sent me, and i can feel the life-giving ambrosia filling up my soul... even dear daisy lupin is blessing me from her new soul-home (i thank the universe for giving me a chance to meet this beautiful lady as some glitter sisters met together in march this year...)

certainly my life has changed so much these past 3 month since my stroke on 9 may, but as this sunflower reminds me, each day i'm learning a bit more about what my dear body can do...

today i actually showered, dried and dressed myself completely. i'm sooo proud of myself, but oooooohhh so exhausted!!! starting on wednesday the daily visits from my carers will focus on my physio exercises, so no more help getting washed and dressed... i admit i'm nervous about this, but for this day, i'm basking in my personal achievement this morning!!!

and tomorrow's sweetness has yet to reveal itself...

9 Comments:

At 4:18 pm , Blogger Kate Robertson said...

Anna,

Congrads on the accomplishment, I know how important independence can be after a long illness. I still can not bend down to pick things up and I will be so glad when I can. Its wonderful seeing you blog again.

Love,
Kate

 
At 9:49 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful Sunflower! Congradulations on posting 100 times! WOOO HOOO! Great post as well! :) *HUGS*

 
At 10:40 pm , Blogger mrsnesbitt said...

Well done honeybunch!

Sending you hugs as ever.
Dxxxx

 
At 3:59 am , Blogger Sophie said...

We take so many things for granted. Congratulations on this new step towards a better stronger you!

 
At 6:46 am , Blogger Tinker said...

Good for you - congratulations on both your 100th post and on regaining your independence. What a joyful sunflower photo - it reflects your sunny spirit!
((hugs))

 
At 3:51 am , Blogger Zorana said...

I admire you so much! Your spirit shines and you are an inspiration. Sunflower is my favorite flower and you are a perfect match for it. I know that you will get better with time. Sending happy thoughts and hugs. :-)

 
At 1:58 am , Blogger KaiBlue said...

I smile everytime I come here Claire.. it's like a beautiful ray of hope to see your words again..

((hugs)), Kai xx

 
At 7:10 pm , Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

OH Claire, where have I been that I missed this post?
It's so FULL of hope and strength and your wonderful spirit!!
I am SOOOOO happy about your dressing and doing all those things yourself. I know the PT will be a big help as well!!
You are amazing!
Congrats on your 100th post....this is only the beginning!
Some day when I get over there (across the pond) oh the giggle fest we will have!!
XOXOX
Love and hugs,
Lisa

 
At 4:39 pm , Blogger violette said...

Oh what wonderful news! Bravo to you dear Anna!

Lots of love,
Violette xoxox

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home