Monday, April 30, 2007

I'm in love....


... with my new sewing machine!! I am just SOOOO excited! I've never had a sewing machine, although I do have dim memories of using my grandmother's...
The woman in the local fabric store assured me this 'basic' model is foolproof, and after playing with it for an hour or so yesterday, I did indeed manage to get it to make stitches! It has a simple dial on the front where I can select from 22 stitches. The cool thing is, though, you can stretch or condense each of those 22, so in fact there are many, many more!!!
What I want to do is incorporate fabric into paper collages and paper into fabric collages, all with fancy stitching, and I think this machine will be perfect!
AND I found another little fabric store in town teaches quilting classes... ooooHHH my gosh, the possibilities are endless....

5 Comments:

At 6:13 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOO HOOO! A Sewing Machine! Congradulations! I would be in love too! Sounds like you have a wonderful new world to explore! Please take pictures along the jouney to share with us.Can't wait to see what you create! With it! :)
*HUGS*

 
At 7:02 pm , Blogger Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

OH MY...WARNING!!!! Sewing It can be VERY addictive!!!!!!!
Congratulations on your new toy!

=))

 
At 9:18 pm , Blogger KaiBlue said...

I adore my machine too.. Do you think they are related? lol..
PEace, Kai

 
At 12:04 am , Blogger Pam Aries said...

Hi Anna! Yay! a new sewing machine! Fun! Thank you so much for visiting me ! I am one happy chick to be back online!

 
At 2:40 am , Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Congratulations on your new sewing machine - you are going to be SO addicted!! I have had a few over the years....starting when I was little. The one I have now is great but can you believe that I do so much hand sewing it's been in the cupboard for 2 years. WELL it's back out again and I am ready get back to it. Fabric art is a passion and really SO much faster with a machine! I have my old one, that's still a good machine and it's going to be shipped off to Pam! Share and share alike I say! We'll have to do a fabric related swap now!!
XOXO

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home