Thursday, September 06, 2007

Proud mama


my gorgeous boy ready for the next stage in his life...
can you believe he's only 11???!!! he's so tall and broad in his smart new blazer. and don't you just love the first attempt at tying a proper tie??
he started the local grammar school today. of course, we got there far too early... of course, he didn't want us to wait with him... of course, i didn't cry in front of him...
oh to be a mama!! every stage of the journey is about separation - from the moment they are born...
surely this is the most sacred part of our lives as mothers - to feel the depth of love, and pride and hurt in equal measure all the days of our lives...

3 Comments:

At 9:48 am , Blogger Beverly Keaton Smith said...

He is so handsome and cute at the same time! Yesterday, I was picking up my 11 year old nephew at school and as I saw him walking to the car I felt so much love for him...Made me wonder what it would be like to be a mom and feel that sudden shot of intense love even more often. Beverly

 
At 6:00 pm , Blogger Johanna said...

I can't believe how grown up he looks, or how much he has grown since I last saw him. I can see why you're so proud of him, why you're so proud of both of them!

I still remember him as the litlle boy clinging to our legs when I came to say goodbye before heading off to uni! Now he's the one on the big adventure.

I hope he enjoyed his first day at the big school!

Lots of Love

Johanna
xx

 
At 10:58 pm , Blogger Kelly said...

Aw, what a total sweetheart. I can see why you are so proud.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home