Friday, September 07, 2007

Spoiling Myself




i know... i know... here i go again spending money i don't have... but when i was in hospital, i promised my soul i would treat her to one of misty mawn's paintings... i have been enchanted by her artwork for over a year now...

the girl in the painting is soooooo beautiful, so wistful, i just love everything about her... the words (you can just see them in the second photo on the bottom left) - early in the morning, many years ago - reminded me of my morning walks - i miss them so much...

there were so many surprises in the package - not only was the painting beautifully tied with ribbon, including some paper-thin leaves tucked in, misty had written two lovely cards, included two yummy Tazo teabags - zen and dajeeling AND sent me a print of another picture (bottom photo). what a beautiful, generous soul she is!!

so here i sit surrounded by exquisite soul-filling art, my first day of absolute solitude since i came home 6 weeks ago... i know my precious boy and girl are safe at school - they both had such a good first day back yesterday!!! nick, my dear hubbie, is at work and my dad - who's been helping out over the summer - is back at home having a well-earned rest!!

so i am alone, my heart is full, and i am at peace...

15 Comments:

At 2:55 pm , Blogger Kate I said...

So happy that you're having a lovely, contented and sacred day! Your Misty Mawn Painting is lovely and such an inspiration of beauty.

 
At 3:08 pm , Blogger Angela said...

Oh, I absolutely love those, too.

 
At 5:35 pm , Blogger KaiBlue said...

Oh woman, I could just breathe in the peace I feel reading your words..
It doesn't seem like 6 months since we met at gigglefest, I miss you!!
The painting is absolutely lovely Claire, not so much spoiling as an essential!!
Peace and love, Kai xx

 
At 6:26 pm , Blogger Olivia said...

How beautiful! Enjoy yourself today, Claire!

 
At 8:04 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy to hear you are content. Glad to hear the children had a good first day. Love the painting.

 
At 11:14 pm , Blogger Zorana said...

That is an amazing painting! I would live surrounded by Misty's paintings. Perfect face, colors and words.... I know you'll be enjoying your morning walks sooner than you think. xo

 
At 4:25 am , Blogger Kelly said...

SOLITUDE. Now that's sacred.

 
At 7:46 am , Blogger Annie Z said...

"i promised my soul "
When I read those words, I was so touched. I promised my Soul. How beautiful and what a wonderful way of looking at yourself and treating yourself.
Good for you for treating your Soul to something beautiful and heartwarming!
Annie
xxx

 
At 3:34 am , Blogger Carla said...

Ditto what everybody wrote! So happy for you, Claire. And your children are *adorable*.

 
At 9:33 am , Blogger mrsnesbitt said...

Absolutely superb idea! Like Kai I too felt the peace in your post....solitude a place for our own thoughts. We are going out on the motorbike this afternoon and I will be off in my own little world!

 
At 2:06 pm , Blogger Delia said...

Such beautiful art to accompany your lovely words...

 
At 5:50 pm , Blogger gina armfield said...

Claire - help I lost your mailing address to send you the necklace and I don't have your email addy - I am a bad girl :) please email them to me so I can send out your hand of grace necklace tmr - sorry about the delay - thanks gina g.armfield@yahoo.com

 
At 5:50 pm , Blogger gina armfield said...

Claire - help I lost your mailing address to send you the necklace and I don't have your email addy - I am a bad girl :) please email them to me so I can send out your hand of grace necklace tmr - sorry about the delay - thanks gina g.armfield@yahoo.com

 
At 8:18 am , Blogger xxxxx said...

This is a gift I want to give myself some day soon, a Misty Mawn original!!! So glad you have one :-)

 
At 11:21 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful words! That is so beautiful! *HUGS*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home