Sunday, October 29, 2006

Beauty on a budget


On Saturday morning I managed to sneak down to the local market for an hour. It was a bumper, special French affair this week - don't know why, but it was a lot of fun with stalls laden with cheeses, salamis and pastries. I entered a prize draw for a hamper of such goodies, but didn't win :o( But I DID buy a delicious lavender soap and these amazing lilies! Can you believe I got this huge armful for a fiver??? They have filled the room with their heady scent and they are just so exuberant, they make me smile every time I walk past them. Of course my favourite poet was right - a thing of beauty IS a joy forever - but an added delight is when you get all this amazing beauty for next to nothing!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home