Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Exquisite craftswomanship


This beautiful handmade sketchbook arrived all the way from Nova Scotia yesterday. It is so beautifully made and the leather is soooo soft!! I don't know if you can see on the photo but the leather is actually torn across the front - a gorgeous touch! Rhonda kindly wrote out information about how it was made and the type of stitching used - I just LOVE this kind of thing! I've added a link to her ebay store where you can see examples of her work, she does the lot - renaissance, medieval, 17th--18th century and japanese bindings - all using the loveliest materials! I just cannot praise her work highly enough and whatever artwork I may add to this beautiful book, I know I'll always treasure it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home