Thursday, January 25, 2007

My Play Day



They're not the greatest scans - but you get the idea...
I got this handmade journal off ebay months ago and have finally started playing with it!
The main figure was already there on the front cover, but I jazzed her up a bit with a mask and bow, a wee polymer clay butterfly and a little pixie who lifts out of the roses. He's blowing a pink conche shell - which I thought rather fitted in with the 'Aspire...' theme - it's all about breathing... "Breathe in experience, breathe out poetry" - and all that.
On the back I used my new Tim Holtz stamps - I LOVE that man's stuff! The text at the bottom on the back reads: "art runnin' deep inside my veins"
The first pages were great fun. I used some art papers I had and drew over them - very daring for me!! I can totally see why Teesha Moore adores these caran d'ache neocolor crayons - they just make you feel like a kid again, which means you're much less self-conscious about scribbling!
The stamp in the middle is a zettiology one which reads: "The artist is the person who makes life more interesting, or more beautiful, more understandable or mysterious, or probably in the best sense, more wonderful". What an aspiration!!
And the next pages are just me off on my magic carpet to faraway places... I'm recharging my heart & soul as I play and explore... NO LIMITS!!
And NO wrong turns!!
What a great life!!!!!!!!!!

3 Comments:

At 3:20 pm , Blogger paintandink said...

The journal is lovely!

I don't know why, but for the past three entries, your blog has been all skewed in my browser -- pictures on top of words, etc. I tried to change some settings, but haven't been able to solve it. Has anyone else mentioned this to you?

 
At 3:17 pm , Blogger Sharon Tomlinson said...

Your new journal is wonderful. I'll comeback to watch as you show. Thanks for visiting me.

 
At 11:39 am , Blogger Unknown said...

I love the middle page with the tag! another Anna in UK!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home