Saturday, November 18, 2006

Soul-rending music


I got this new CD yesterday - I adore Ms Peyroux's voice and style! But I was totally unprepared for having my soul turned inside out by one track... I'm something of a purist when it comes to my all-time favourite female singer - Joni Mitchell - and always maintain no one can sing a JM song like the incomparable Ms Mitchell! But I was WRONG!! Madeleine Peyroux teams up with KD Lang to sing 'River' and OMG.... I just kept playing it over and over... their voices, their harmonies, the bluesy rendition...
And is this not THE most beautiful CD cover??She's a true Pre-Raphaelite beauty!

2 Comments:

At 3:14 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Joni Mitchell, too... I really only started listening to her a few years ago... but "California" is also one of my favoritest songs in the world... and, perhaps for obvious reasons, I'm particularly fond of "You Turn Me On I'm a Radio" ...

I will take a listen to Madeleigne Peyroux. Thank you for the recommendation!

 
At 11:52 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joni Mitchell has been my favorite for over 35 years(most especially the early years)......I've heard OF MP but haven't actually HEARD her...I for sure will check this out. thanks for recommendation!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home