Friday, September 22, 2006

My other loves



The pic on the left is the cover of my latest read - Steven Gerrard's Autobiography. I've so enjoyed every minute of reading about this remarkable footballer's life. My dad questions how anyone can write an autobiography at 26, but Stevie G has had a remarkable life so far, and he is without a doubt one of the top footballers of his generation. The book reads just like he speaks - so lots of expletives!! - but it also rings true. He is a Scouser through and through, and it gave me goosebumps reading how he felt after Liverpool won the Champions League last year - when Liverpool came back from 0--3 down to AC Milan (yes, I confess I have it on dvd and watch it far too often...)
On the right is the cover of the programme when Liverpool came to Lincoln City back in August. Of course they didn't field their first team, but it was fun to see the likes of Robbie Fowler on the pitch. It is still on my To Do Before I Die list to make it to the hallowed ground of Anfield and see the team I've grown up supporting on home turf. Ideally I'd share the moment with my dad, so maybe when he retires later this year we can get something organized...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home